Welcome to Limmud 2018! This FAQ is meant to address last-moment questions you'll have for the day of the event.
- Do I need to register for sessions?
- Where do I park?
- Will there be food?
- I didn't register. Can I show up anyway?
- How can I help out?
- What are the Limmud Values?
- How will security be handled?
- Will there be a chance to jam with other musicians?
- Can you help with accomodations?
- Can I share Limmud on social media?
- How do I get there?
Do I need to register for sessions?
It is not possible or necessary to pre-register for any sessions. Review the 60+ sessions here. To ensure a spot, arrive early.
Optional: The handy Sched app gives you the convenience of creating your own schedule (this is optional and does NOT register you for any sessions). You should have received an email from Sched with log-in instructions. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions and/or support.
Where do I park?
- Parking: Enter the North Parking Lot via the north-most entrance on 1st Ave NE (furthest entrance from NE 185th St.). When full, use the West Parking Lot.
- Check in: is 6-6:45pm in the Auditorium lobby. Enter through the EAST Auditorium Entrance and get your name tag (please wear at all times for security) and SWAG bag.
PLEASE BRING BACK your name tag and program booklet on Sunday. You will need your name tag for re-entry, and we will not have extra programs.
- Parking: Same as Saturday. Enter the North Parking Lot via the north-most entrance on 1st Ave NE (furthest entrance from NE 185th St.). When full, use the West Parking Lot.
- Check in: Different from Saturday. Use the North Entrance and check in 8-8:45am. Get your name tag (please wear at all times for security) and SWAG bag.
If you checked in Saturday night, PLEASE REMEMBER to bring back and wear your name tag and skip the check-in line. Bring your program booklet, too - we will not have extras.
Volunteers and signs will point you in the right direction.
Will there be food?
For You: This is a Jewish event - you’ll be well-fed! Saturday night we’ll serve appetizers and snacks with a cash bar* in Pub Le Mood. Sunday includes a light breakfast, lunch, afternoon sandwiches and snacks all day. All food is kosher (Seattle Vaad supervision).
For Others: We are collecting non-perishable food and toiletry items for the Jewish Family Service Food Drive. Please bring donations!
*Cash bar will accept credit cards. All other refreshments and meals are included.
I didn't register. Can I show up anyway?
How can I help out?
Limmud is a 100% volunteer-run event, so YOU are key to this festival’s success! We would love for you to volunteer to help out on the day of Limmud 2018. Be a part of the magic! Help out with a volunteer set-up or event shift here.
What are the Limmud Values?
Please review the Limmud Values behind Limmud Seattle. These core Values are shared by all of the 84+ independent, volunteer-run Jewish learning festivals worldwide, including Respect, Diversity, Empowerment and more.
How will security be handled?
We will have professional security on site and volunteer door attendants. Please do your part: DO NOT OPEN a locked door from the inside for anyone, for any reason, and wear your name tag at all times.