*We received more than 90 proposals from across Seattle, the US and as far away as Israel, a resounding message of support for Limmud and its values of learning, respect, diversity and more. Thank you to all who submitted proposals! See the program here and check back for updates as we finalize the schedule.*
Limmud presenters are as diverse as Jewish Seattleites - experts in a variety of fields, rabbis and scholars, performers and knowledgeable enthusiasts passionate about a Jewish topic or how their job or hobby intersects with Judaism. We're excited to put together a day of engaging Jewish learning for and by the community.
Part of the fun at Limmud is seeing yourself or a friend on the roster alongside world-renowned folks flying in to join our event. It’s just one of the things that makes Limmud events worldwide unique and successful.
- - Brings together Jews of all ages and backgrounds
- - Offers diverse, dynamic learning opportunities - from cooking lessons to Kabbalah, storytelling to songleading, a lecture or a long walk outside.
- - Provides unique interactions and experiences with Jewish music, art, literature, meditation, innovation, social justice, philosophy, film, poetry, text study and more
- - Showcases locals and out-of-towners as session presenters (look who’s already confirmed!)
And, like Limmuds worldwide, Limmud Seattle is…
- - Values-driven. Respect, Diversity, Empowerment and more - and at the core, “Everyone should be a student, and anyone can be a teacher.”
- - Volunteer-powered. Like other volunteers, presenters pay to attend and learn, and are part of an enormous volunteer effort that makes Limmud possible (and amazing!). This is key to Limmud’s success worldwide.
- - Community-building. All are welcome to be a part of creating Limmud and to learn together, without titles or entitlement.
Sound great? Want to submit a session proposal? Fantastic. We'd love to hear from you for Limmud Seattle 2019 (date TBD). For now, we hope you'll register for January 13-14.
Got questions? Read our Presenter FAQ.