Photos courtesy of Meryl Alcabes Photography
Limmud Seattle 2019 will be held on January 19-20, 2019, at Bellevue College.
Limmud Seattle’s Board, Steering Committee, and Programming Team are very excited to invite you to submit a proposal for a session at Limmud Seattle 2019. Last year, Seattle’s first Limmud brought together over 550 participants and 80 presenters for a fantastic weekend of learning. Check out an amazing video from last year’s event and please consider helping make Limmud Seattle 2019 a success by submitting a proposal.
“Presenting at Limmud Seattle was wonderful and I felt truly honored.” -2018 Presenter
Limmud (from the Hebrew word meaning “to learn”) is a volunteer-run Jewish festival of culture and learning where Jews can learn and share ideas, regardless of their affiliations or levels of Jewish knowledge. These values are at the core of what we do and unite Limmud gatherings around the world in 42 countries and 89 different communities. Learn more about the values behind this global movement by clicking here.
“The diversity of the participants was a definite benefit from my perspective.” -2018 Presenter
Limmud presenters are as diverse as Jewish Seattleites - experts in a variety of fields, rabbis and scholars, performers and knowledgeable enthusiasts passionate about a Jewish topic or how their job or hobby intersects with Judaism. We're excited to put together a day of engaging Jewish learning for and by the community.
Part of the fun at Limmud is seeing yourself or a friend on the roster alongside world-renowned folks flying in to join our event. It’s just one of the things that makes Limmud events worldwide unique and successful.
We are looking for proposals that embody the following Limmud values:
- Diversity of the Jewish Community: We value the rich diversity among Jews, and so we seek to create cross-communal and inter-generational experiences.
- Creative Approaches: We value choice in form, content, and style in our programs. A "session" can be almost anything, as long as there's Jewish content (which also leaves a lot of room for interpretation). That's the fun of Limmud: the sky's the limit.
- Engagement: We recognize the strength of providing a space where spiritual, emotional, and intellectual connections are made. We invite prospective presenters to think creatively about engaging participants in many ways.
Sessions are 75 minutes. All materials are BYOPS - Bring Your Own Printed Stuff.
Interested in submitting a proposal? Awesome!
Just follow these three easy steps:
- Review Information about Presenting. Learn more about presenting by reviewing our Presenter FAQ. If you have questions about presenting, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Register for Limmud Seattle 2019. At Limmuds around the world, presenters are volunteers just like the many people who give their time and energy to organizing and running the event, so all presenters pay the registration fee and enjoy all that Limmud has to offer. This is in line with the Limmud value that everyone should be a student and anyone can be a teacher. In order to submit a proposal, you must first register by clicking here. If your proposal involves multiple presenters, all presenters must be registered before your proposal will be considered. An early bird special is available for the first 200 registrants. If you cannot afford the full registration amount or have any questions, please contact email@example.com. We want to ensure that cost is not a barrier to submitting a proposal.
- Find the Proposal Form link in your Registration Confirmation. Once you’ve registered, you will receive a registration confirmation email that will give you a link to the proposal form. Fill out the proposal form and you’ll be good to go!